Phenomenal lavender is a popular variety of lavender, known for its vibrant blue-violet blooms and sweet fragrance. It is a hardy plant that can adapt to various growing conditions and is easy to maintain. However, one of the most critical aspects of cultivating this plant is knowing when to harvest it. Harvesting lavender at the right time ensures better yield, quality, and potency of the essential oils extracted from its flowers. If you’re growing Phenomenal lavender and wondering when to harvest it, this guide will provide all the information you need.
When is the best time to harvest Phenomenal lavender?
Phenomenal lavender is typically harvested in early to mid-summer when the flowers are in full bloom. Unlike other varieties of lavender, which tend to bloom in early summer and require immediate harvesting, Phenomenal lavender can delay its harvest time. This characteristic makes Phenomenal lavender convenient for farmers as they can schedule the harvest time based on their convenience.
How to tell if Phenomenal lavender is ready for harvest?
Here are some signs that indicate it is time to harvest your Phenomenal lavender:
- The flowers have started blooming fully and are a vibrant blue-violet in color
- Most of the flowers on the stem are in bloom
- The buds have swelled up but are not yet open
- The fragrance is at its peak, usually in the early morning or late evening
- The stalks are firm and flexible and have no signs of yellowing or wilting
What is the best time of day to harvest Phenomenal lavender?
It is advisable to harvest Phenomenal lavender early in the morning or late in the evening when the plant has cooled down from the day’s heat. When harvested during these times, the oils are at their highest concentration, making them more potent and fragrant.
How to harvest Phenomenal lavender?
To harvest Phenomenal lavender, you’ll need a pair of sharp pruning shears. Follow these steps:
- Choose stems that have the most blooms and buds.
- Use the pruning shears to cut the stems about two to three inches above the woody part of the plant.
- Avoid cutting the stem too close to the woody part, as this can cause damage to the plant.
- Collect the cuttings in a basket or a bucket, and keep them in the shade to avoid wilting.
How to store Phenomenal lavender after harvesting?
After harvesting, it is crucial to store Phenomenal lavender correctly to avoid damaging the flowers’ essential oils. Here are some ways to store Phenomenal lavender:
- Hang the cut stems upside down in a cool and dry area, preferably indoors.
- Remove any dead or damaged flowers and leaves from the stems.
- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight or moisture, as this can decrease the oils’ potency.
- Store the dried flowers in an airtight container to preserve their freshness and fragrance.
Lavender Bubble Bath For Women
Phenomenal lavender is a beautiful and versatile plant that can add color, fragrance, and texture to any garden or landscape. Proper harvesting and storage of Phenomenal lavender ensure that the plant remains healthy and productive, providing ample blooms that can be used for essential oils, sachets, potpourri, and more. With this guide, you can confidently harvest your Phenomenal lavender at the right time, ensuring that you can enjoy its natural beauty and fragrance throughout the year.
- When And How To Harvest Phenomenal Lavender?
- When To Harvest Lavender For Starters?
- When To Cut Back Phenomenal Lavender?
- When Is It Best To Harvest Lavender?
- When Does Phenomenal Lavender Start To Regrow?
- When To Harvest Lavender Plant?
- When To Harvest Lavender Flower?
- When To Harvest Lavender Buds Green Tip?
- When To Harvest Your Lavender?
- When Harvest Lavender To Dry?
Last update 2023-06-03. Price and product availability may change.