The Cotswolds is a beautiful region in the heart of England, renowned for its rolling hills, picturesque villages, and historic landmarks. One of the most popular attractions in the Cotswolds is the lavender fields that burst into bloom during the summer months. People from all over the world come to see the stunning purple fields and experience the calming scent of this fragrant herb. If you’re planning a trip to the Cotswolds, you may be wondering when the best time to visit the lavender fields is. In this article, we’ll explore when the lavender is in bloom and where you can find the best fields to visit.
When Does Lavender Bloom in the Cotswolds?
The beautiful lavender fields of the Cotswolds are a sight to behold, but they don’t stay in bloom all year round. If you want to see the fields at their peak, you’ll need to visit in the summer months. The exact time of the lavender bloom can vary year to year, but on average, the fields are in full bloom between mid-June and mid-August.
Best Time to Visit
If you want to see the lavender fields at their very best, it’s best to plan your trip for mid to late July. This is when the majority of the fields will be in full bloom, and you can expect to see an almost uninterrupted sea of purple. However, if your schedule doesn’t allow for a July visit, don’t worry. You can still see beautiful lavender fields in June and August, although the bloom won’t be quite as spectacular.
Best Lavender Fields to Visit
The Cotswolds is home to numerous lavender fields, each with its own unique charm. Here are a few of the best fields to visit:
- The Cotswold Lavender Farm – This is one of the largest lavender fields in the area, with over 40 different varieties of the plant. It’s located in the village of Snowshill and is open to visitors between mid-June and mid-August.
- Hitchcox Meadow – This is a small but beautiful lavender field located near the town of Evesham. It’s open to visitors during the summer months and is a great place to take a picnic and enjoy the stunning views.
- Snowshill Manor – This National Trust property has a beautiful walled garden that features a small lavender field. It’s open to visitors year-round, but the lavender will only be in bloom during the summer months.
Tips for Visiting the Fields
While visiting a lavender field might seem like a simple activity, there are a few things to keep in mind to make the most of your trip. Here are a few tips:
- Check the weather forecast before you go – lavender fields look their best on sunny days, so try to plan your trip when the weather is clear.
- Wear appropriate footwear – some fields can be quite muddy, especially after rain, so wear shoes that you don’t mind getting dirty.
- Respect the plants – lavender is a delicate plant, so make sure to stick to the designated paths and not trample on the plants.
- Bring a camera – the lavender fields make for some stunning photos, so don’t forget to bring your camera or phone to capture the moment.
Lavender Spray Paint
Fresh Lavender Bunches
In conclusion, if you’re planning a trip to the Cotswolds and want to see the stunning lavender fields, the best time to visit is between mid-June and mid-August. Aim for a mid to late July trip if you want to see the bloom at its peak, and make sure to visit some of the best fields in the area, such as the Cotswold Lavender Farm, Hitchcox Meadow, and Snowshill Manor. With these tips in mind, you’re sure to have a beautiful and memorable visit to the Cotswold lavender fields.
- When Is Lavender In Bloom In Washington?
- When Is Lavender In Season In Leavenworth Wa?
- When Is The Best Time To See Lavender In Uk?
- When Is The Lavender In Bloom In Southern France?
- When Is Lavender In Season Provence?
- When Is Lavender In Flower In Provence?
- When Is The Lavender In Full Bloom In France?
- When Is Lavender In Provence?
- When Is Lavender In Season In Maui?
- When Is The Lavender In Bloom In Tasmania?
Last update 2023-06-03. Price and product availability may change.