France is a country that is believed to have some of the world’s most beautiful and memorable landscapes. Amongst France’s many breathtaking landscapes are its lavender fields, which provide an excellent location for photos, a relaxed atmosphere, and a unique experience for visitors. If you’ve been dreaming of seeing the famous lavender fields in southern France, you need to plan your visit at the right time. In this article, we will explore when the Lavender is in Bloom in Southern France, guiding you on how you can plan your trip to experience this phenomenal sight.
When does lavender bloom in Southern France?
The bloom time of the lavender in southern France varies every year depending on the weather conditions from the previous year. However, typically, it blooms between mid-June to mid-August. To have a better idea of when the bloom takes place, below are the details for each of the lavender types:
1. Fine Lavender: Fine Lavender is the most fragrant type of lavender, and it is also known as the “blue gold” of Provence. The Fine Lavender blooms between mid-June to mid-July, and it is typically found in the Sault and Plateau d’Albion regions.
2. Lavandin: Lavandin is the more prolific type of lavender that dominates the lavender fields of Provence. It is a hybrid of Fine Lavender and Spike Lavender, filling the area with a vibrant purple color. It blooms between mid-June and mid-August.
3. Spike Lavender: Spike Lavender is cultivated in the high-altitude regions of Provence, including the Plateau de Valensole. It blooms from mid-July to mid-August.
Where to find the lavender fields in Southern France?
Finding lavender fields in Provence isn’t difficult; however, you’ll have to do some research beforehand to find the most beautiful fields. Below are the areas in Southern France where you can find Lavender fields:
1. Plateau de Valensole: A vast plateau in Haute Provence, famous for its lavender fields.
2. Luberon: A regional park filled with famous hilltop villages carries ton of secret fields that you can explore.
3. Sault: A charming village filled with fields of lavender and located in the Vaucluse department of Provence.
4. Abbey Sénanque: a picturesque and serene ruin, surrounded by endless fields of lavender.
To experience the beauty of the Lavender Fields in Southern France, you need to plan your visit at the right time. As a rule of thumb, it is best to visit between mid-June to mid-August to witness the lavender in its full bloom. Try and avoid weekends and peak hours, so you can experience the beauty of the region without feeling rushed. Remember, while some fields are open access, most are private property, so it’s essential to be respectful of the locals and the property. Take your time exploring and creating memories that will last a lifetime.
Live Lavender Plant
Lavender Essential Oil Edens Garden
- When Are The Lavender Field In Bloom In Southern France?
- When Does Lavender Bloom In Southern France?
- When Do Southern France Lavender Fields Bloom?
- When Is The Lavender Harvest In Southern France?
- When Is The Lavender In Full Bloom In France?
- When Are The Lavender Fields In France In Bloom?
- When Does Lavender Bloom In South France?
- When Does Lavender Bloom In South Of France?
- When Does Lavender Grow In France?
- When Does Lavender Bloom In Southern California?
Last update 2023-06-07. Price and product availability may change.