When Does The Lavender Bloom In Tasmania?
Tasmania is the largest island of Australia, and it is known for its wildlife and natural beauty. The island is also famous for its lavender fields, which are a major tourist attraction. The lavender fields in Tasmania are stunning, and they bloom at different times of the year. In this article, we will discuss when the lavender blooms in Tasmania.
The Season For Lavender Blooms
The season for lavender blooms in Tasmania is from December to February. This is the perfect time to see the lavender fields in full bloom. During this time, the lavender fields are a spectacular sight to behold, with their beautiful purple hues and the sweet aroma of lavender.
Types Of Lavender In Tasmania
Tasmania is known for its lavender fields and has many varieties of lavender grown on the island. The most popular types of lavender grown in Tasmania are English, French, and Lavandin. The English lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) blooms in early summer, while the French lavender (Lavandula stoechas) blooms in late summer. The Lavandin (Lavandula x intermedia) blooms in mid-summer and is a hybrid of English lavender and spike lavender (Lavandula latifolia).
Where To Find Lavender In Tasmania
Tasmania has many lavender farms where visitors can see the fields and purchase lavender products. The Bridestowe Lavender Estate is the most popular lavender farm in Tasmania and is known for its 260-acre lavenders fields, which features over a million lavender plants. Another top lavender farm in Tasmania is the Port Arthur Lavender Farm, which features a cafe, a gift shop, and stunning views of lavender fields.
Tips For Visiting Lavender Fields In Tasmania
If you are planning to visit Tasmania to witness the lavender fields in full bloom season, you should consider the following tips:
– Make sure to check the bloom time before planning your visit.
– Wear sunscreen and a hat as the Tasmania sun can be strong.
– Bring comfortable shoes as the lavender fields are typically large and require a lot of walking.
– Be prepared for crowds, particularly in the peak season of December to February.
Lavender Paper Plates
Lavender Swimsuits For Women
In conclusion, the lavender fields in Tasmania are a must-visit attraction for anyone visiting the island. With its stunning views, beautiful aroma, and breathtaking lavender fields, it is an unforgettable experience. The best time to visit Tasmania is from December to February, when the lavender is in full bloom. There are many lavender farms, which offer visitors an opportunity to see the fields and purchase lavender products. When visiting, make sure to take precautions for the sun, wear comfortable shoes, and prepare for the crowds expected in the peak season.
- When Is The Lavender In Bloom In Tasmania?
- When Is Lavender In Bloom In Tasmania?
- When Is Lavender Season In Tasmania?
- When Is Lavender In Season In Tasmania?
- When Does Lavender Flower In Tasmania?
- When Can You See Lavender In Tasmania?
- When Is Lavender In Bloom In Washington?
- When Are The Lavender Fields In Bloom In Utah?
- When Are Lavender Fields In Bloom In Ontario?
- When Are The Lavender Fields In Bloom In Virginia?
Last update 2023-06-07. Price and product availability may change.