The South of France is well-known for its lavender fields that stretch for miles, creating a mesmerizing landscape that attracts tourists from all over the world. If you’re planning a trip to the region, you might be wondering when is the best time to see the lavender bloom. In this article, we’ll answer this question and give you all the information you need to plan your lavender-themed adventure.
Types of Lavender in the South of France
Before we get to the blooming period, it’s important to understand the different types of lavender that grow in the region. There are two main types of lavender that you’ll find in the South of France: Lavandula Angustifolia, also known as true lavender, and Lavandula X Intermedia, also known as lavandin. True lavender blooms earlier than lavandin and is typically grown at higher altitudes, while lavandin is grown in lower altitudes and blooms later.
When Does Lavender Bloom?
Lavender blooms in the South of France from late June to early August. However, this can vary depending on the altitude, climate, and type of lavender. True lavender typically blooms in June and July, while lavandin blooms in July and August. The peak blooming period usually happens in mid-July, so if you’re planning a trip to see the lavender fields, this is the best time to go.
Where to See Lavender Fields in the South of France
There are many places in the South of France where you can see beautiful lavender fields. Some of the most famous locations include:
- Valensole Plateau
- Abbey of Senanque
Tips for Visiting Lavender Fields
If you’re planning to visit the lavender fields in the South of France, here are some tips to make your experience even better:
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothes, as the fields can be uneven and dusty.
- Visit early in the morning or late in the afternoon to avoid the crowds and capture the best light for photography.
- Be respectful of the lavender fields and the farmers who grow them. Stick to the paths and don’t pick the flowers.
- If you want to buy lavender products, make sure to shop from local producers to support the region’s economy.
Lavender blooming season in the South of France is a magical time that should not be missed. Whether you’re a photography enthusiast or just want to experience the stunning beauty of the lavender fields firsthand, plan your trip around mid-July and explore the different regions that offer this fragrant experience. Don’t forget to follow the tips we’ve shared to make the most out of your visit and have a wonderful time in the South of France.
- When Does Lavender Bloom In South France?
- When Lavender Bloom South France?
- When Does Lavender Flower In South Of France?
- When Is The Lavender In Bloom In Southern France?
- When Is The Lavender In Full Bloom In France?
- When Are The Lavender Fields In France In Bloom?
- When Does Lavender Bloom In South Carolina?
- When Are The Lavender Field In Bloom In Southern France?
- When Does Lavender Bloom In Southern France?
- When Do Southern France Lavender Fields Bloom?
Last update 2023-09-26. Price and product availability may change.