France is known for its beautiful lavender fields that attract tourists from all over the world. The sight of rows upon rows of purple flowers stretching to the horizon makes for an unforgettable experience. But when exactly should you plan your trip to see the lavender fields in bloom? In this article, we will answer that question and provide you with some additional information on the best places to witness this natural wonder.
The best time to see the lavender fields in France in bloom is in the summer months of June to August. This is when the lavender blooms and the fields are at their most beautiful. The exact time of blooming can vary from year to year, depending on factors like the weather, the amount of rainfall, and the location of the fields. In general, however, the lavender fields in Provence begin to bloom in mid-June and peak in early July. The fields in the Luberon region bloom a bit later, usually in mid to late July.
If you want to see the lavender fields in bloom, it’s a good idea to plan your trip well in advance. Book your accommodation and transportation early, as both can get quite busy during peak season. You should also be prepared for crowds, as the lavender fields are a popular tourist attraction. Despite the crowds, however, visiting the lavender fields during bloom season is a must-do for anyone visiting France.
Here are some of the best places to see lavender fields in France:
1. Plateau de Valensole: This vast plateau in the Alpes-de-Haute-Provence region is home to some of the most beautiful lavender fields in France. The fields here usually bloom in early July and make for a stunning sight.
2. Abbaye de Sénanque: This 12th-century abbey near the village of Gordes is surrounded by lavender fields that bloom in June and July. The view of the abbey and the fields is simply breathtaking.
3. Luberon: The Luberon region, located in the heart of Provence, is known for its picturesque villages and stunning natural beauty. The lavender fields here usually bloom in July and August.
4. Drôme Provençale: This region in southeastern France is known for its lavender fields as well as its olive groves and vineyards. The fields here usually bloom in late June and early July.
Bridesmaid Dresses Lavender
Lavender Oil For Hair Growth
In conclusion, the lavender fields in France are a sight that should not be missed. Whether you visit Plateau de Valensole or the Luberon region, you are guaranteed to be awed by the stunning beauty of these natural wonders. Plan your trip well in advance to ensure that you get to witness the lavender fields in bloom, and be prepared for crowds. It’s well worth it for the once-in-a-lifetime experience.
- When Are The Lavender Field In Bloom In Southern France?
- When Are Provence Lavender Fields In Bloom?
- When Are Lavender Fields In Bloom In Ontario?
- When Are The Lavender Fields In Bloom In Utah?
- When Are The Lavender Fields In Bloom In Virginia?
- When Do Southern France Lavender Fields Bloom?
- When Is The Lavender In Bloom In Southern France?
- When Is The Lavender In Full Bloom In France?
- When Does Lavender Bloom In South Of France?
- When Does Lavender Bloom In Southern France?
Last update 2023-03-26. Price and product availability may change.